Acne happens when hair follicles are blocked with oil and dead skin cells. Overactive sebaceous glands and dead skin cells influence unhealthy skin. Foods That Cause Acne are Fast Food, Greasy Food, Refined Grains, and many more food items we consume to fulfill our cravings.
The main triggers of acne are,
2)Oily skin type
Read on to know more about the home remedies for acne:
1. Apple cider Vinegar is the top most on the list for all sorts of acne concerns. Its anti-microbial property works best when used as a cleanser.
Mix 1/4 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 glass of warm water and use it as face wash daily. This removes oil, dirt, and other debris on your skin and hence prevents acne.
2. Lemon juice shrinks pimples. It can be used for spot treatment i.e., apply diluted lemon juice on acne using cotton swabs and wash it off after some time. Direct application of lemon juice is not recommended as it may cause skin irritation. One can also use Lemon essential oil instead.
3. Garlic help in the faster healing of acne. Garlic gets its antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antiseptic properties from allicin. Allicin helps kill the bacteria that cause acne and irritation.
Crush 1-2 garlic cloves with a small piece of tomato and apply it to the acne. Wash it off later. Or you can just add 2-3 drops of garlic extract to the oil you massage on your face daily.
4. Peppermint oil controls secretion of excess oil and prevents clogged pores, Hence it is the best choice for oily skin types. However it cant be applied directly, an equal ratio proportion of peppermint oil and warm water is good for spot treatment of acne.
5. Aloe vera gel makes skin soft. Its readily available in a nearby pharmacy and you can use it in your daily skincare routine.
6. Turmeric's anti-inflammatory property plays a vital role in acne problems.
Mix 2-3 spoons of turmeric with 1 cup of gram flour and keep it in your bathroom. Use this mixture to wash your face daily instead of soap. This is a proven age-old practice followed by our ancestors to prevent all types of skin problems.
7. Cinnamon and honey prevent infections.
Mix 1tsp of cinnamon powder with 3tsp of medical-grade honey and apply this mask to your face. Rinse it off with warm water after 10-15 minutes. This mask can be used 1-2 times a week.
8. Applying green tea directly also helps in reducing pimples.
9. Tea tree oil can be used as a serum to eliminate acne.
10. Orange peel powder with water aids healthier skin.
Though effective treatments are available, Acne can be persistent. Hence, few or all of the below, lifestyle changes if adopted, can prevent pimple issues.
1. wash your face twice daily
2. keep it moisturized.
3. Take zinc supplements upon doctor's prescription.
4. Limit dairy intake.
5. Reduce stress.
Hope these simple steps help you with a natural glow.
Check out our shop (link ) for serums that help in hydrating and eliminating the scars forever.
Comment below which is your go-to home remedy for skin